- First i did download elasticsearch zip file.
- Create 3 folders in /temp like node1, node2 and node3
- Unzip elasticsearch.zip in each one of these folders like this
- Then i opend the node1/elasticsearch-1.4.2/conf/elasticsearch.yml and i did change value of
sunilsclusterand value of
first. I did same in the node2 and node 3 but i did set value of
node.nameto second and third on node2 and node3 respectively
- Next step was to install marvel on each of the nodes by executing
bin/plugin -i elasticsearch/marvel/latest
- Then i went to each of the directory and did start elasticsearch. When the nodes were coming up i could see messages in the log indicating that the nodes were able to discover each other
elasticsearch -Des.config=/node1/elasticsearch.yml,elasticsearch -Des.config=/node2/elasticsearch.ymlbut that did not work.