Working with PageBuilder2 theme .html, theme.html, skin.html

For last few days i was struggling to figure out how to modify theme.html and finally i got help from my colleagues Evan and Sanjay and now i am able to modify markup generated for theme.html. Take a look at the screen shot, i did add <h1>This is test modification in theme.html</h1> as first element to the body tag



You will have to use following steps to get it working


  • First of all create WebDav connection to /wps/mycontenthandler/dav/fs-type1 URL, this is the URL that you should use. It seems that http://localhost:10039/wps/mycontenthandler/dav/themelist url is not a valid URL for WebDav, it will keep throwing some weired error


  • Once your WebDav connection is established go to themes/PageBuilder2 folder, you will find a theme.html file here and there is locale specific version of theme.html in nls folder. I tried changing the theme.html in PageBuilder2 folder but somehow it never gets picked up instead portal always picks up locale specific version from nls folder



  • Make changes in theme.html and save those changes, if your using WebDav client(WebFolders, BitKinex) on Windows, first you will have to copy the file to local machine, modify it and then copy it back






Once your changes are updated you can refresh the page and you should be able to see the modified markup

9 comments:

Dave Hay said...

I had the same problem with the themelist and skinlist WebDAV Entry Points - it turns out that, for some clients, you need to suffix the URLs with /all.

I've blogged it here

Unknown said...

I'm on Mac OS X using the built-in WebDAV in the file browser. I get error code -50 when I try to copy/delete. I've tried all variations of URLs to no avail. Is there any kind of configuration that needs to be done to WebDAV to make it all work?

I've also tried WebDAV clients on Windows XP. No luck there either.

andy said...

You may work without WebDAV entry also :)
All you need is modify the Default.jsp and override the themeTemplateURI

First I copy the theme.html as well as nls folder.
I set the themeTemplateURI to point to theme.html in PageBuilder2 folder

pandorajewelry said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
zhangsanlisi said...

I'm on Mac OS X using the built-in WebDAV in the file browser. I get error code -50 when I try to copy/delete. I've tried all variations of URLs to no avail. Is there any kind of configuration that needs to be done to WebDAV to make it all work?
diablo 3 cheap gold

zhangsanlisi said...

I had the same problem with the themelist and skinlist WebDAV Entry Points - it turns out that, for some clients, you need to suffix the URLsbuy diablo 3 gold and items

Anonymous said...



Why not come to 4wowgold enjoy the most cheapest wow gold online. As you can see, we have prepared sufficient World of Warcraft Gold for you now!Big benefits for you now!

lulur bali joss said...

salam kenal bos. lagi jalan jalan pagi nih

Abhi said...

Thanks for info
Web Design Company in Bangalore
Website development in Bangalore